- Two singers in the middle with sticks as the instruments to
make the beat
- Beginning songs start out slow and the men take the lead and
the women follow in their line behind the men
- At the end of the song, the singers end with "yo"
and the male dancers respond with "ye"
- The beat picks up and the dancers begin dancing with the fish
- The songs vary, with slower songs and some faster songs, with
a skip in the beat and the well seasoned dancer can "jump", or put in some
fancier steps to liven up the dance